No really, we do.
That’s why we think that you should have a quick read at this before booking your first session in the studio:
1. Studio time starts & ends at time client books.
2. If a session ends early you will be charged the same time booked (unless other arrangements were made).
3. Advanced payment on all block rates is required before session can be booked.
4. All compositions, recording time, masters, and any additional studio work must be paid for in full before master is released.
5. Block Rates: Block rate time purchased must be used all in the same day or back to back, consecutively on the next day, if split between days. Block- rates require advanced payment in order to commence. A 24 hour notice is required to re-schedule.
6. When booking studio time try to estimate the time you need as close as possible. Additional time will be charged if session goes over the time booked. (If time is available). Everyone’s project can differ from session to session.
7. Please allow time for mixing down & mastering when you book time. (If Needed)
8. All sessions come with a recording engineer.
9. Please bring only people who are involved in your project. This is a time of creative work and we want to do the best job when can for you. So keep distractions down and concentrate on what you have to do. Studio time is valuable!
10. If you need to re-schedule please give us a 24 hour notice before your scheduled time & date. Deposit can’t be refunded.
11. Payment / balance is due at end of the project. Again, no masters will be released unless all fees are paid.
Cash or checks only.
A deposit will be required to confirm all studio bookings. NO PROJECTS CAN BE INITIATED WITHOUT A DEPOSIT. Such deposit shall be equal to 50% of the cost of the total time booked. Deposit must be received at least one day prior to session. Mello Studio reserves the right to waive such deposit requirement in its unfettered discretion. Studio bookings for which no deposit has been received shall be subject to change or cancellation should management so decide, without notice to client.
Notice of a client’s intent to cancel a session must be received by Mello Studio no later than 24 hours before such session. If notice is not received by Mello Studio, the session will be canceled. Client’s deposit as stated above may be applied by Mello Studio in partial satisfaction of such liability. Sessions canceled the same day of the scheduled session will be liable for the total cost of the booked time.
Payment in full for materials and fees is due and payable immediately following each session. Mello Studio reserves the right to make other financial arrangements with its clients. Client(s) will pay all Mello Studio’s fees associated with financial collection processes for services rendered by Mello Studio or materials purchased.
No recording CDs in Mello Studio’s possession shall be released to clients until all open accounts have been settled and all checks tendered as payment have cleared Mello Studio’s account.
Clients assume all risks associated with storing, on or off the premises of Mello Studio or our use of, any and all sound recordings, video recordings, digital data in any storage format including but not limited to audio, video, smpte, midi, or other file types, or equipment of any kind or nature and shall hold Mello Studio harmless from any and all damage that might occur to said articles for any reason. In any event, Mello Studio’s liability shall be limited to the replacement cost of an unrecorded tape of comparable value. Mello Studio’s liability with respect to “downtime” of any and all studio sessions as a result from equipment malfunction or availability, personnel, hired musicians, acts of nature or public utility companies, etc., shall be limited solely to the studio time of such booked session; and client(s) agree to hold Mello Studio harmless from any and all damages from such “downtime”.
Mello Studio makes no warranties either express or implied other than those contained herein. Mello Studio shall not be liable for unforeseen of consequential damages of any kind. Should Mello Studio be unable to conduct a booked session for any reason, then Mello Studio warrants that it shall re-book such canceled booking at another time that is mutually available to Mello Studio and the client.
Rates, policies, and equipment may change without displayed, written or verbal notice.