Introducing The Warm Audio BUS-COMP
The Warm Audio BUS-COMP is an all-analog, 2 channel, stereo VCA bus compressor based on classic circuitry that has provided silky smooth tone for decades. Stereo VCA bus compressors are masterful at controlling dynamics on many sources, but they have become widely known for their magic touch on stereo mixes.
The BUS-COMP will perform well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs and an array of other sources. The BUS-COMP is primarily designed for stereo use, but it can be used just as successfully on individual mono sources. VCA bus compressors of this type have become widely loved for their ability to control dynamics effortlessly but also for the added tone and depth they provide to the audio signal that passes through them, even when no compression is applied.
A Look Inside
Re-creating legendary VCA bus compressor technology was the focus of the BUS-COMP’s design, however, adding options and improvements was just as important to us during its development. One feature we are proud to boast is the BUS-COMP’s ability to have USA made CineMag transformers inserted into the signal path driven by fully discrete operational amplifiers. With a single push of a front panel switch, these custom USA made transformers are inserted into the audio’s path providing increased depth, tone and vibe!
As with all of the products we develop here at Warm Audio, the BUS-COMP was designed with a price point in mind. With efficient, modern manufacturing techniques we are proud to bring this boutique quality, classic VCA bus compressor to the market at a quality-to-price ratio previously unseen. More studios than ever before will now have access to analog quality VCA bus compression. Our desire is for all musicians to be heard the way they want to be heard and we feel the BUS-COMP is the perfect tool to perfect any mix!
- ALL ANALOG, 2 CHANNEL, STEREO VCA BUS COMPRESSOR
- BASED ON LEGENDARY VCA BUS COMPRESSOR TECHNOLOGY
- SELECTABLE DISCRETE OPAMP STAGE WITH CINEMAG USA TRANSFORMERS
- EXTERNAL SIDE CHAIN SOURCE SELECT
- SELECTABLE HI-PASS FILTER: 30, 60, 105, 125, 185 HZ
- COMPRESSOR ENGAGE SWITCH FOR EASY A/B COMPRESS VS. NO-COMPRESS COMPARISON
- PERFORMS WELL ON STEREO MIXES, DRUM MIXES, DRUM OVERHEADS, ACOUSTIC GUITARS, KEYBOARDS, PIANO, ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTS, VOICE-OVERS AND ENDLESS OTHER SOURCES
- CAN BE USED ON STEREO AS WELL AS INDIVIDUAL MONO SOURCES
- THAT 2180 VCAS
- OPTIMALLY PROVIDES BOTH XLR AND TRS CONNECTIVITY
- NOISE: < -90DBU
- DYNAMIC RANGE: > 120DB
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 18HZ – 22KHZ
- THD + NOISE, 20HZ – 20KHZ, +20DBU INPUT: < .05%
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 10K OHMS
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 50 OHMS